Saturday, February 25, 2012

Do you need to play the previous Elder Scrolls games to understand/enjoy Skyrim?

I was thinking about getting Elder Scrolls: Skyrim but I would really like to know if Elder Scrolls series has a history of confusing storylines where you need the other games to understand it. Please only answer if you've played all the Elder Scrolls games.Do you need to play the previous Elder Scrolls games to understand/enjoy Skyrim?
No you will not need to get the others to get whats going on. You can wikipedia the story lines and have a nice day. Don't stress about buying the other ones. Oblivion was fun and its a good game that will prepare you for Skyrim but then again you might just get tired of the Medieval RPG Scene by the time Skyrrim comes out if you play oblivion up until then. I played halo 3 like none stop and MW2 right before reach came out, and when it finally did I got bored of it fast. I play now but I got an overdose on FP Shooters. So in short, if you want to play an Elder Scrolls game, get Oblivion, but if you feel like you're missing out on alot of info before skyrim then just wikipedia the story lines and you'll be fine. No big dealioDo you need to play the previous Elder Scrolls games to understand/enjoy Skyrim?
Nah, not really.

You should be fine with just playing Skyrim.

I would recommend, though, that you play an Elder Scrolls game so you know you like it because Skyrim will be set up like the othersDo you need to play the previous Elder Scrolls games to understand/enjoy Skyrim?
No some people would probably play the first one to follow the plot but I have never played the ones before Elder Scrolls IV but I did enjoy it.
Understand-Maybe.Enjoy-No.

No comments:

Post a Comment